We only use Swedish suppliers of our raw materials. Each ingredient has a task, which means that we do not use water, alcohol or anything else that just makes a cheaper production. In this way we protect the environment and our health while we’re hoping that you will feel safe to use our products. Below is a small presentation of the content of Natural Deo. Read and enjoy.
Ingredients Naturlig Deo
● Organic Coconut Oil (Cocos Nucifera Oil) In all our deodorants, coconut oil is our base. The coconut oil is organic certified. In Naturlig Deo Kokos, which smells of coconut, cold-pressed coconut oil is used. In all the other deodorants, unscented coconut oil is used. Coconut palms are 20-25 meters high and have been used by humans for over 4000 years. Coconut oil is solid in consistency but becomes liquid at temperatures above 25 degrees celsius. Coconut oil is softening and antibacterial and has a shelf life for about 2 years. Origin: The Philippines Certifications: DE-ÖKO-005, COSMOS certified (BDIH) and Kosher
● Organic Maize Starch (Zea Mays Starch) Maize starch is starch derived from the corn grain. The one we use is organic certified and GMO-free, which also means that no genetic modification has been applied to the maize. In Naturlig Deo, it is used for its moisture-absorbing ability, and it makes deodorant feel drier on the skin. Origin: Austria
● Baking Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate) Baking Soda can also be called sodium bicarbonate, NaHCO3, and is one of carbonic acid sodium salts. Bicarbonate neutralizes odor, it’s simply phenomenal to eliminate sweat odors! The bicarbonate we use is fine-grained, which makes it feel smooth when applying Naturlig Deo. The bicarbonate used in Naturlig Deo is aluminum-free and 100% pure food grade.
● Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil) Jojoba oil is the liquid produced in the seed of the jojoba plant. The Jojoba plant is a shrub, that can live for 50-200 years and yield 1-6 kg of seed per year. Jojoba oil is a kind of liquid wax that is very stable and protective. It´s moisturizing for your skin and will absorb quickly. The jojoba oil we use comes from ecologically certified crops and is cold-pressed, which means that no heat has been added in the process. Origin: Argentina Certifications: COSMOS certified (BDIH) and Kosher
● Organic Carnauba Wax (Copernicia cerifera cera)
The carnauba wax is a vegetable wax and the wax used in Naturlig Deo is organic certified. The carnauba wax obtained from the leaves of a Brazilian palm tree. During the warmest months the carnauba palm tree, exudes a wax to prevent dehydration. Some of the leaves of the tree are picked by hand, and the carnauba palm is allowed to continue it’s growth, instead of being cut down at harvest. This makes the carnauba wax used in our products a sustainable alternative.
Carnauba wax is the hardest natural wax with a melting point of about 82 °. The wax is used in Naturlig Deo to prevent corn starch and bicarbonate to fall to the bottom if the deodorant is hot. In addition to the texture sensor, it is also protective for the skin.
● Organic Essential Oils
Some of Naturlig Deo contains organic essential oils, which are extracted from different parts of a plant. All essential oils are antiseptic, thus germicidal. Essential oils is a natural fragrance, no artificial synthetic perfume. Anyone who is allergic to a plant can also react to the essential oil extracted from that plant. The essential citrus characteristic oils used in Naturlig Deo are bergapten free, which means they are free from the substances that can usually cause skin reactions in strong sunlight. The smell may be more or less volatile, that is, it evaporates more or less quickly. In addition to providing a gentle and pleasant odor to the products, they are also selected based on the unique characteristics of the essential oil.